Please ignore the self-pitying ramblings of a girl upset over falling off the wagon
I didn't really want to acknowledge this but I thought it best not to just ignore it....
Okay so this may not come as any great surprise to those who have already been through the eating & exercising thing before but I fell off the wagon. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its not okay to fall off but after only a week and a half? I'm rather gutted with myself. I wonder how long does it take other people to fall off for the first time when starting a new routine? I wonder if I'm normal or just have a huge lack of willpower.
It's just that, well, the golden arches were calling my name, "sam you know you want a cheeeeeseburger....you know you dooo." Okay now the issue wasn't that I gave into this very enticing call but that I ordered the large cheeseburger meal, which consists of Large fries, Large drink and a cheeseburger. I did tell myself I wasn't going to deny myself any foods but I'm also trying to curb my overeating ways. I was full by the time I finished the fries, and I recognised this fact. But I continued on eating. The cheeseburger didn't even taste that great once I was full. I was just going through the motions. The plus side of all this? I recognise that my iceberg sized weight issues are a daily struggle. Now that I'm aware of this, it may make it a bit easier.
What I am proud to say (in a way) is that I didn't just throw the towel in after that. I let go of the fact that I overate and just went on with the day like I hadn't just been run over by the wheel of the waggon. I continued writing down what I ate (including the McDs) and internally mend my bruised ego. I thought I was going to be the first person to never fall off, because I actually do LOVE this program. (pretty silly thought, huh?)
Sadly I didn't go to the gym either. But thats luckily not such a big deal I just move my gym to today and my normal friday run to tomorrow.
Well that was yesterday and this is a new day. And as the chinese proverb goes "fall down 7 times, and get up 8". I live in hope that I'll never have to confront the day that I fall off 7 times though. But if that day does come it'll be okay. I'll find my way of getting up again :)

4 Comments:
I love that saying - that's so true, and so cool. There is another one, which I posted the other day.. can't remember what it was exactly but went something like 'it doesn't worry me that you fell down, it worries me that you get up again'. Something like that anyway! Have a great weekend!
Awww, I just noticed you have me as a link on your side bar - cool!! Thanks!
Thanks for all the positive comments kate :) I really do appreciate. You seem like a really lovely, friendly, chirpy kinda gal (of what I've noticed from both your comments and blog). About me linking your blog I'm glad its okay with you :) Didn't really check with anybody before I put the names up. I should really do that :) Hope you have a great weekend too
Yeah I am keeping a food diary but I'm not counting points or calories. I can't really see that working for me for the rest of my life and thats what I'm sort of aiming for. Long term lifetime type thing. I'm not too obsessed with losing the weight just getting healthy and fit. And if I happen to fall into my healthy weight range while doing this then so be it :) Your welcome on the parenting issue stuff, love that I was able to contribute something :) Hope you have a great weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home