The morning after, the day before...
Just a quick note before I begin my ramblings, I'm doing the weight watchers thing from home due to the fact that I'm a student and have about 3 cents to my name (if I'm lucky) :)
Well my first day has been and gone. And it went great! I did REALLY well by my standards. I sat down and worked out some meals, how many points I should try to stick to for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and that sort of thing. I then went grocery shopping, and came home with 2 plastic bags worth of fruit and vege alone. Aren't I good girl? I went a bit over budget this week :( But I think that is only due to the fact that I had to buy ww jam, and splenda ($7!!!) and some healthier meat. Like premium mince, and chicken sausages. I had fun though, walking through the store and pulling out the little slide card thing and working out how much things were worth.
The biggest high of the shopping trip? Well I discovered that my favourite muesli isn't so 'evil' after all. 3 points for the bowel, and with 1/2 a cup of skim milk it's only 3 & 3/4 points. YAY! Mind you I expect that the recommended 50g serving is a lot smaller than my normal servings. As I don't have scales I can't really tell how much it is either. Anyone have a tip on how to guesstimate the right amount? And my pasta packets are only 4 points each (my alotted points for lunches). I also managed to drink 3 600ml bottles of water, which is enormous for me! I put a squirt of lemon in it, which made it go down easier. It's not quite the recommended 2L a day but it will have to do for now.
I didn't get any exercise in though. It was really wet and damp and miserable here in hammy :(
I feel so proud that I had such a good first day. OOOO AND I got to have half a crunchie bar for pudding (since I was craving chocolate due to having my period) and I still saved a 1/4 of a point for the day hehe.
Eaten
B - 2 weetbix and splenda
S - 2 kiwifruit
L - pasta packet
S - tandem fruit bar
D - one burger, with lean mince paddy, carrot, bbq sauce, lettuce and cheese. (yummy)
P - 1/2 crunchie bar
Total = 19 & 3/4
Saved = 1/4
Feeling: proud and happy!
Wanting: to do as good today as I did yesterday, if not better!
Looking forward to: eating my muesli for breakfast once I figure out how much 50g is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home