A long day
Nearly every third girl that I see in town when I'm at Tec (it's situated in the middle of town) is wearing either a micro mini, or those short shorts that are in at the moment. I never knew we had so many girls in hamilton that had nice legs! I didn't know that it was so rare for someone to have icky legs....like me :( What I would love the most out of this weightloss journey would be to feel confident enough, and to look good in a mini skirt/short shorts. My legs are the chunkiest part of me so I think it's going to involve a lot of exercise (not just losing the weight) to get them toned, and just as I was deciding this a miracle happened.
When I was picking the boyfriend up from work the first thing he said to me was that he wanted to go for a run. I was a little taken aback at first but the more I thought about it the more I grew keen on the idea. Me and him getting fit together, running together. He wants to get fit for rugby season (about 3 or 4 months away) and I want to get fit to have really nice legs.
So thats what we did, went for a run. It was easier than I thought it would be. I certainly had the energy for it, but I was huffing and puffing pretty quickly; mind you so was he. So we started the nine week running program, and by christmas we should be running 30 minutes non-stop (or 5 km). I think it will be good motivation for both of us to be doing it. And besides I want to set a good example for our kids when they come along, to eat healthy and exercise regularly so this is a great start. Getting ourselves healthy and fit.
I drank my 3 600ml bottles today and ate reasonably well. At the bottom of my daily intake chart I've got little pictures of the food portions I should be eating (1 meat, 2 dairy, 3 fruit, 4 vege, & 5 starch/bread) and this is a really good indicator for on whether I'm eating healthily. Today I only managed 1 piece of fruit and 2 pieces of veges. So mental note for tomorrow, more fruit and veges!
My steps are a bit disappointing today. I'm now choosing to take the stairs, instead of the elevator, and I'm choosing to walk around the classroom a lot more and things like that. And to walk during my lunch time around the stores instead of sitting in one place. And I had that walk/run and I still only made it to 7748. :( I'm disappointed. But it's still my first real attempt at 10,000 steps so I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Eaten
B - 2 weetbix, 1/2 cup skim milk, splenda
S - 1 line of Sa.Ka.Ta
L - pita pizza, carrot
S - tandem fruit bar
D - piece of steak, large potato, low fat margarine, and beetroot
P - 1 kiwifruit, 1/4 cup of muesli & skim milk
Total = 19.75
Exercise bonus = 2
Saved = 2.25
Steps - 7748
Feeling: disappointed with my steps, but ok with my food
Wanting: to do more steps tomorrow
Looking forward to: weigh day, I've worked really hard!

1 Comments:
Yay for you updating every day!! Well done on your run, it's great that your boy wants to get fit with you. I find it much more enjoyable when Joseph and I walk together, rather than when we just go by ourselves!
It's hard at first to get to 10,000 steps, but soon you'll get into the swing of it. When I first got my pedometer, I thought I'd be doing 10,000 steps easy, with all my running around - lol, I was lucky to be doing 3000-4000!!
Post a Comment
<< Home