23 November 2005

let the sun shine through!

I got a bit bored with the horrid darkness of my page and in a way I think I may have been hiding behind it. So cheerier is what I am now, which a much brighter, happier page.

Tec is almost through for the year (just two exams to go) and in a way I'm both happy and sad at the same time. I've become accustomed to always being busy and however much I complain about it I really actually need it. It stops me from eating. So I have been organising myself so that over the next 10 weeks or so that I will be working full-time I will be able to keep myself busy. I don't want to spend all my time at home watching tv either so have made a resolution typed on my wall that reads...
I will not watch more than 2 hours of tv a day
I will not spend more than 1/2 an hour on the computer a day

I realise that to some people 2 hours is a lot but this is taking into account that some nights I may feel like watching a movie. So most nights it will be less than 2 hours anyway. So what am I going to do in all my spare time? I'm going to get back into my art, I'm already working on a painting for our lounge wall (still contemplating whether I will take a photo to post on here for all to judge). I know that my art isnt anything fantastic, and I mainly do it because I like the feel of the brush in my hand, the strokes relax me. And it upsets me when people criticise it, because its not for them. It's mine. It feels like someone is in my head criticising my view of the world, my beliefs and loves when they criticise my work. Anyway sorry for that rant. I don't believe in art criticism, the farest I'll go in offering my opinion on someones art will be something that I like about it. Whether it is the colour, placement of things or idea/theme that I see behind it.

Eating has been going okay, I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment. I'm varying my diet but feeling restricted at the same time. I can't really make much sense of it as of yet so I will probably talk about it more when I know.

Well tec is over for the day I'm heading home to do some painting. It feels good to have time that is truly to myself again.

P.S - Just wanted to point out this lovely girls blog (sorry don't know her name yet) pop on over if you get a chance. Give her some encouragement :) Losing Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home