14 December 2005

Nostalgia

I've starting to get that end of year nostalgic sort of feeling. That all is well and everything will be fine but that it's now time to say goodbye to what has been this year and say hello to next year. It's sort of been brought on by me cleaning out my wardrobe today. Quite seriously I had no idea I could be emotionally attached to my clothes! As I was going through them I came across a few things that got me upset to throw out. Like my 2001 new year's eve top (that is now miles too big for me), and my 6th for ball dress (much the same) and I couldn't bring myself to chuck them. Too soon I guess after the weightloss? I have managed to bag most of my size 14 pants though, to pass on, and it feels good. Scary but good. So anyway this year in retrospect... well where to begin?

This year started with me absolutely freaked about the idea of having to grow up (it still scares me a little), being an only child I always sort of held onto the being seen as the 'baby'. So anyway I gave Artmakers a go, a free 6 month program in which I got to try out all sorts of arts and came to the conclusion that art wasn't what I wanted to do for my entire life. I wanted it to be a part of it, but not the only thing.
While doing this program I moved out of home and in with my lover boy :) I don't regret it. I'm glad I had the motivation to move out, if I had never gotten a guy I think I'd still be living at home. I love my mum SOOOO much and miss her every day still! But I feel like I've grown so much over the last 10 months it's crazy. So when I finished the Artmakers course I thought I'd give nursing a go. It was something I'd been thinking about at the beginning of the year but didn't have anywhere near the confidence to approach it. So I did my intro to study course for the last 6 months and that's been fantastic. A journey of ups and downs but fantastic all the same. And now next year I begin my nursing degree. I'm scared shitless but now I have no doubt that I can do it. I just have to give it my all!
As for my health, well. I'm at the lowest weight that I have been in my life and it's steadily creeping lower. That's scary in itself. Heh, imagine being scared of being skinny? Oh I get eyetoy kinetics on boxing day (WOOHOO) that has a personal training program on it that last 12 weeks so I'm really looking forward to starting that.
The new year approaches fast and it will be the first that I will have had some really strong resolutions for. Normally I give my resolutions a couple minutes of thought the night of, and then half-heartedly state them a couple minutes before the count down. Not this year.
I won't be posting them just yet but I am already thinking about them.
So not much else to say. I should quit rambling now :)
Have a great evening everybody. Ciao.

LMAO! I've just realised I have someone to kiss on the 12 o'clock dot this year! Awesome! :) hehe

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

It is nice to look back on the year thats been, and it sounds like a positive year alround!
You have done a fantastic job to get to where you are now. :) A

Wed Dec 14, 09:03:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home