29 November 2005

Bleh

Well today I am feeling 'bleh' as you can see from my title. To be honest with everyone I've been one lazy bugger! I havn't done any exercise for the last 4 or 5 weeks past the point of taking the rubbish out to the side of the road. A good 100 steps. I keep making excuses in my head and even though I recognise that they're excuses it still doesn't stop me from just accepting them.
For example one of my excuses is that I'll be working full-time for the next 10 weeks which will mean I'll have to get up quite early if I am to do any sort of exercise because I sure as hell know I won't have energy after work. Now the problem with this excuse (besides the whiney undertones) is that I'm ALWAYS going to have things to do and that life has to fit around exercise....not the other way around.
To tell you the truth I'd LOVE to get into the habit of running. I'd love to be fit enough to say that I go for a half hour run 3 times a week, but I've tried this so many times and I really don't think running is for me. It's like this weight watchers thing. I've tried this a couple times before and failed those times before I even saw any results but this time my whole mindset is different. It's a lifestyle thing now instead of a quick fix.
That's what I don't get. I don't mind running, and when I do it I really enjoy it. It makes me feel good afterwards and it's a REALLY good workout. It doesn't take long to do and it's one of those things that is the best use of my time. It gives me a better workout than I'd have if I was walking AND I'd have killer legs to boot. so....DESPITE me being able to reason all of these things for why I should run I still don't! I think perhaps if I had music to run to, I would enjoy it more...but I don't want to spend a lot on some nifty toy to run with if it's not going to work...
Anyway that's my rant for the day about exercise and if I was to be honest with myself food isn't going that great either. I'm staying within points but eating so much junkfood it's not funny. Think I might have a healthy day today.
If anyone has any ideas about my running dilemma I'd love to hear it :)
Have a great day everyone.
P.S - handing in my very LAST assignment today. Only have my test on thursday to get through now. YAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Congrats on handing in your last assignment!
Haha... wish I had your problem! I really can't run to save myself.
I think you just have to experiment with times that suit you. Believe it or not once you get into a routine it will be EASY! Yes and you will always have to fit in around work, and study, but hey thats life ay.
Just get out there and give it a go. (I dare you to!)

Tue Nov 29, 07:44:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home