08 February 2006

Busy, busy, busy bumblebee.

Things are rolling along, been busy as. I've now got half the house packed pretty much, and I'm doing the other half this weekend and I'm also weeding the garden today.
I'm looking forward to starting tec on Monday, even if for the first week things will be up in the air for me.
Money is also a concern at the moment, I think I may have a week in the middle where I won't have any money, but I'll be able to make it up slowly over the term. :(
Eating really isn't going well at all, I'm not being very commited at the moment. I lost 300g last week but all of this week I have been eating really bad stuff, WAY too often. The only person I'm fooling is myself and every time I reach for some sort of food that I don't need I'm simply going to say "you don't need that, you're being greedy, and you'll put the weight back on". I've been avoiding the whole issue.
Although I'm looking forward to starting nursing I'm also getting very nervous about my ability to cope. We met with first year nurses near the end of the year last year and they all looked so stressed out and couldn't stop talking about how hard it is. Scary!
I'm choosing to take all this shifting and moving around and busyness one step at a time though. It's the only way that I can see myself getting through it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I love your pics - I left a comment on your flickr account.

You do sound busy busy. The first year of nursing is hard - but just remember, lots of those students will be studying for the first time, or may even be mature students returning to study - in my course, they were the people who had found it hardest. You have been studying already and you are a smartie - I reckon you'll be fine. I think I did find the first year the hardest, not in terms of work - but because it was the least 'nursey' year - kinda like a foundation year. The really interesting cool stuff happens later.
You'll be sweet as - and don't forget I have heaps of text books if you ever want to borrow / buy any of them!

Wed Feb 08, 09:55:00 am NZDT  
Blogger Ang said...

Hey you,
You will be SWEET!!! I lived with two nursing students back in my student days, and they seemed to have it not too bad, in terms of work and stuff (mega big txt books tho). In our flat was also a chick doing her 2nd year Med. . . Now that is what I call PRESSURE!!!

Wed Feb 08, 06:06:00 pm NZDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures look awesome and that's great that you're going to be a nurse it's such an important job.

Way to go on the weightloss!

Sun Feb 19, 01:08:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Me said...

YAY for the loss. You have done well considering how busy you are with everything else.
Keep up the good work and good luck when you get to tec.
Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Mon Feb 20, 01:24:00 am NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home