20 February 2006

I'm back from outta space!

PHEW! Is all I can really say. It's been one fabulously busy busy week and weekend. But it's over we're shifted in and we are unpacked! WOOHOO! I can even say I actually enjoyed having lots to do over the weekend. We shifted on the friday night and did some unpacking. I had work both saturday and sunday and I still managed to get the rest of the house organised and unpacked after I finished work each day. Fantastic :)
My first week at Tec was a little daunting to say the least, whether the tutors realise it or not they really scare the bajeebees out of the students sitting in that lecture hall on the first day. Throwing out to all the students the assignments that will be doing on top of all the weekly mini-assignments. But I'm over stressing now and I'm straight into getting the work done. I got my books on friday and I'm having to catch up on all the readings I missed last week as well as the ones I need for next weeks lectures and tutorials. But I'm LOVING it! It feels so good to have my brain ticking over again!
As I informed everyone during the week and half lead up to the shift and starting tec that I was bound to put on weight. I threw a few excuses out there but the truth is I couldn't be bothered really, with everything else going on I conciously 'let go' of my diet for the time being. But it's back and boy am I glad! SO SICK OF JUNK FOOD, TAKEAWAYS and anything FATTY! I drew up my meal plan for the week yesterday during my lunch break at work and went grocery shopping afterwards. Now the only things that are in my fridge are the things I'll need to last the week out. If I binge I'll have to go without somewhere down the track this week. The downside? We have a dairy right next door lol! So as long as I can stop myself from wondering over there I'll be sweet!
I'm officially up to 65kg and I am now onto losing my last 5 kg. I'm not only eating better again though I'm tackling my fitness levels (or lack there of). I'm starting with 4 weekly power walks and two sessions of yoga a week and I'll build on that. But considering I'm now living with my best mate (who loves walking) its likely that I will have a walking buddy.
Well that's pretty much everything for now. I will endeavour to update a little more often from now on and to all those losing weight out there, this is our year guys!
Have a great week everyone.
Ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Hey I'm soooo glad everything went well! You super woman you, I don't know how you did it.
Work, study, moving... shhhessh makes me tired just thinking about it.

5kgs..... wow you are so pratically almost at goal.

Mon Feb 20, 06:34:00 pm NZDT  
Blogger Kate said...

Glad it's all gone well - and yay for starting tech - exciting times!

Mon Feb 20, 08:00:00 pm NZDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home